Video is continuing to take over the internet. Let’s take a look at some staggering statistics for 2019:
- Over 500 million (that’s half a BILLION!) people are watching video on Facebook every day.
- Video is the number one type of content consumers want to see from brands on social media.
- 93% of businesses reported gaining a new customer as a direct result of a video posted on social media.
- Of businesses using video marketing, 76% reported an increase in traffic due to video.
- When video and text are both available on the same page, 72% of consumers prefer video to learn about a product or service.
- 95% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- Companies using video in their content marketing mix show a 66% higher average website conversion rate (4.8% vs. 2.9%).
- Videos are shared 1,200% more times than links and text combined.
Videos grab attention, tap into viewers’ emotional decision making and build a connection with consumers far better than a photo or text post can. So what does that mean for digital marketing?
Putting a Human Face to the Brand:
2018 led us into the era of authenticity in marketing. Users are becoming wary of brands being disingenuous, impersonal and using sneaky tactics to market to them. Using videos can give customers an inside look and allow businesses to build trust and loyalty by adding a human element to the brand.
Social media is all about storytelling, and what better way to convey your brand than through video? Many businesses are using videos to push promotions, build brand awareness and show behind-the-scenes moments to customers. A common thought among businesses is that video needs to be made with fancy camera equipment and always be well-produced -- that simply is not the case. Focus on the content!
Interesting and entertaining content wins out over production quality. Statistics show that videos up to two minutes get the most engagement, and the viewership of impromptu, selfie-style videos has skyrocketed! What you can shoot:
- Use the “go live” feature
- Product demos
After watching a branded video they enjoyed, 83% of consumers would consider sharing it with their friends. When creating your content, remember that video encourages social shares and that people tend to share emotions, not facts.
Video ads from brands on social media are the #1 way consumers have found out about brands, even beating out recommendations from friends and family. Video is already a proven strategy to grab and retain a consumer’s attention quicker, so why not put that power into your ads? In order to cater to users’ increasingly short attention spans, no matter how simple or complex your video ad, be sure to grab the user’s attention in the first 11 seconds.
With the oversaturated ads market, video ads will likely be favored by the Facebook algorithm as the platform continues to put emphasis on video. As a result, ads with video will almost certainly perform better than ads that solely comprise text and images.
Video marketing may be your biggest opportunity in 2019, as video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. So grab a camera – even if it’s just your smartphone – and start shooting content!