As we jump into 2015, we are bombarded by articles predicting the future of the marketing landscape this year. While it's important to keep up on the latest trends, one thing is for sure: this is going to be the year of Pinterest! Not only was Pinterest the fastest growing social network in 2013 and 2014, it's a great place to share your images, infographics and videos, helping your business reach a new audience base than you have on Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
In this eBook, we'll provide you with the tools to create and maintain a successful Pinterest Business Page. Some of the topics we'll cover include:
1. Getting Started on Pinterest: You can create an account from scratch or convert your personal account to a business account. Once you've filled out your basic information, Pinterest will provide you with a tip sheet to help you optimize your business page and have you pinning in no time!
2. How to Create and Edit New Boards: From your main profile page, you can create new boards, edit existing boards and rearrange the order of your boards to feature your most important topics. Creating and editing your boards is important in order to keep fresh content on your page and keep your followers coming back for more pins.
3. How To Add Links to Your Pins: Not only does adding a link to your pin allow you to point users back to your website, it could potentially increase the traffic to your site. If you are pinning images from your website or blog, make sure to add the URL as the source and hint in the description that clicking on the link will lead you to more information on that topic. Also, pins that have a source are more likely to be re-pinned than pins that don't!
4. How to Share Pins on Your Website: You can share pins, boards or your entire Pinterest profile on your website using a widget. Cross promotion can be a great way to brand your business and lead more traffic to your website. This is also a great opportunity to reach a new audience and showcase all the services you have to offer.
5. How to Use #Hashtags to Your Advantage: Hashtags allow your business to track conversations happening around a specific topic and can be unique or trending phrases. On Pinterest, hashtags help organize pins into categories to narrow down which pins show up when a user does a search. You can use hashtags to help users find your content easily and showcase your brands fun side.
We hope this eBook provides you with the resources you need to get started marketing on Pinterest or improve your current Pinterest strategy. If you have any questions about how to market on Pinterest or would like help executing your social media strategy, please contact your Internet Marketing Consultant today!
For more information, click through the slideshow below to share and download our Ebook.
~ By Kami York-Fiern, Social Media Specialist