By John Gaumnitz, Senior Internet Marketing Consultant
Videos have become one of the most powerful and effective tools in the world of online marketing. By 2017, video content will represent 74% of all Internet traffic (According to KPCB) and Cisco projects that global Internet traffic from videos will make up 80% of all Internet traffic by 2019 (According to Small Business Trends).
Video has become a highly effective marketing tool for any business looking to grow its exposure. Lawyers and doctors who use video to earn the trust of potential clients, educate them and foster strong relationships are edging out the competition and positioning their practice as the knowledge expert.
Address the Unknowns
During any decision, there are always unknowns. Your prospective clients might ask:
- How much will it cost me?
- What do best results look like?
- Do you really have the experience I am looking for my situation?
- Are you nice?
These are some of the things that can go through a prospective client’s mind when doing their research. Video is a way to help eliminate these unknowns and show people why they should reach out to you.
Earn and Affirm Trust
With regards to growing sustainable and maintainable business for your practice, retaining current clients and creating meaningful relationships with them is similarly as imperative as finding new ones. Video offers you a way to provide continuing education, keep you top of mind and promote you as the knowledge expert while providing you the opportunity to help foster relationships with clients who haven't heard from your practice in a while.
Stand Out in Search Results
In addition to all of the benefits video can provide with regards to your brand, there are also significant benefits from an optimization standpoint. For any small business, in the event that you do not have a strong Web presence, your competitors will outrank you.
By allocating optimization efforts towards both your videos and the website pages they are on, you can communicate relevance to search engines and attract and keep more traffic on your site.
According to Code Fuel, “the average Internet user spends 88% more time on a website with a video.” Just having a video on a specific landing page on your website can “increase conversions by 80%.”
So, not only does video on a Web page increase time on site (which is great for building the equity of your website), but it also has a direct effect when it comes to lead generation!
Don’t Forget About the Importance of Mobile Users
From a mobile search standpoint, as the number of mobile searchers online continues to rise, the value of having a solid video presence can greatly add to your overall online exposure and branding, as detailed out in the following graphic from Ooyala Global Video Index from Q1 2017:
What Kinds of Videos Are Best?
So, now that we have covered the importance of video, the next question many clients ask is 'what kind of videos should I focus on filming?'
Here are some examples to begin with, but the sky’s the limit:
- About Us:
- Provide potential clients with a reason to trust the people within your practice –smiling faces and some sincere introductions can go a long way in helping to get that message across.
- Ask clients pleased with your relationship and the services you provide to answer a couple of questions for you on camera.
- Follow-up Thank You videos in emails:
- After someone visits your office, send them a follow-up "Thank You" video via email.
- Educational videos about specific areas of focus within your practice:
- These types of videos can explore the overall look and feel of a specific area. This will not only help the client get more insight into the area in question, but also give them a better idea as to who you actually are.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- When people are searching online, they are typically typing in a long-tail search phrase. An example of this is a question they are looking for the answer to. Having supporting information that answers common questions can greatly increase your online exposure within the search results and drive more relevant traffic towards your practice.
- Not only do these types of videos provide value on relevant landing pages or within a custom blog post, they can also be used when sending follow up emails to website inquiries. According to Syndacast, just “using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65%”Video allows your practice to increase overall visibility online while providing users with appealing and valuable insight into what you are all about and what separates you from your competitors.
To learn more about video and how it can benefit your practice, call us today at 800-368-9910 to speak to an experienced digital marketing consultant.