Following the Cambridge Analytica Facebook scandal of 2018, social media users have been drawn to more “authentic” businesses. By definition, “authentic” means genuine. Hootsuite said it best: As users, “we connect most with content that is real, and people are catching on to content that isn’t authentic.”
While a personal account will almost always be more relatable to users, there are ways your practice can tap into this type of content. “Social content should be more than promotions or announcements, it should show the personality of your business.” Each business has its own unique personality – get creative and show it off!
Up the Human Factor in Your Social Media Marketing
Social media users want to see the humanness behind the company – not just advertisements. As brands we need to step away from the “me, me, me” mindset and take a look at what consumers are actually interested in seeing.
When planning out your social strategy, it’s important to really lay out who you are as a brand and how you want to be perceived:
- What’s important to your practice?
- What special qualities do you have?
- What makes you unique?
Once you have that in place, focus on creating content that shows off who you are!
How to Be Real on Social Media
It’s important to note that being authentic does not mean being perfect. Don’t let the fear of imperfection keep you from posting – it adds to the genuine feeling in your content.
Having trouble coming up with ways to open up to the public? Here’s a list of content ideas to get you started:
- Participation in community events
- Company outings
- Fun things you do in the office (i.e., Halloween costume contests, Christmas parties, etc.)
- Attending local events such as ball games, plays, parades, etc.
- Interactions with clients or patients
- Behind-the-scenes of the office
- Tell a part of your story
- Share the reason that you chose your career path
- Remind people how you got started
- Share business wins/losses
- Post about your vacation/weekend/outside-of-work activities
- Thank your clients and patients
Hopefully this list gives you a jumpstart for authentic, engaging content. When posting, be sure to balance personal sharing with business updates about your practice, as well as things that are interesting, helpful or funny to the consumer. Let your clients and patients know that you are genuinely grateful for them stopping by in the midst of their busy days.
Want to take your marketing message to the next level? Learn about social media marketing for your practice!
- Social media marketing for plastic surgeons, med spas, and doctors providing cosmetic services
- Social media marketing for attorneys and law firms
- Social media marketing for dentists
- Social media marketing for LASIK surgeons and ophthalmologists
Get a free evaluation of your social media and other marketing. Call Page 1 Solutions at (303) 233-3886 today!