Lead Generation: Benefits of Mini-Forms
While I often blog about the importance of SEO and PPC services, today I would like to highlight a recent case study completed by one of our Internet Marketing Consultants, Jon Miller. We have advised our clients for years of the benefits of having a mini-contact form on their websites, and especially having it placed above “the fold” (the line of demarcation between what you see when you land on a site, and what you see below the point you need to start scrolling down). This simple design element creates easy access for visitors to a site to contact you, increasing lead generation.
In Jon’s case study, he took a sampling of sixteen websites from sixteen of our clients (attorneys, dentists, plastic surgeons, and ophthalmologists) and compared the number of web inquiries sent through a mini-contact form versus a full contact form featured on a “Contact Us” page (usually featuring only a Google map and office contact information in addition to the form).
Jon found the following:
- Every syndication had more email leads when their mini-contact form was above the fold
- Main contact forms use is increased when the mini-form is below the fold
- Overall, more emails are generated when the mini-form is above the fold
- Websites with a photo on their mini-form convert 3x better than those without a photo, no matter the placement of the form
- People seem to look to contact the office above the fold, if they do not see a mini-form, they are more likely to go to the contact page
- Having a mini-form above the fold will generate more leads overall
What This Means for You and Your Potential Clients
We work very closely with our clients to create original websites and content that speak to their practice philosophies and aesthetics. In doing so, we always aim for the balance of aesthetics and functionality. The measure of any successful web marketing campaign comes down to lead generation. SEO drives traffic to your site, your expertise and experience is communicated through your web content, and the contact form is what offers the opportunity for prospective clients to reach out to you once you’ve established trust. With a mini-contact form strategically placed above the fold, it’s hard to go wrong.
If you are interested in learning more about how we can increase your lead generation, please contact Page 1 Solutions today.
~ Lesa Hastings
Please share with your social networks below.