Online Press Releases for Lawyers, Doctors and Dentists
How Lawyers, Doctors and Dentists Use Press Releases to Improve SEO
Press Releases and SEO are natural companions for lawyers, doctors and dentists. Online press releases are an important part of any Internet marketing campaign. Online PR no longer is a vehicle with the sole purpose of reaching the media. It has become part of an integrated marketing strategy for your online marketing campaign.
In the past, we posted online articles on behalf of lawyers, doctors and dentists as part of their link building strategy. However, as Google updated its algorithm, this approach fell out of favor. Many of the websites where these articles are posted have little or no value. In some cases, they can even hurt the SEO rankings of a lawyer, doctor or dentist website. On the other hand, newsworthy press releases, when published on credible websites, can provide direct traffic, can rank in and of themselves and can be picked up by credible news organizations.
For our law firm, cosmetic surgery, dentstry and ophthalmology website clients who want to improve their ROI, we recommend a series of press releases covering newsworthy topics such as: community involvement, awards and recognition, lectures and presentations, your expert opinion commenting on news and trends etc. Releases can also help with conversions by announcing specials or new services offered. Press releases can help both the search engines and potential customers reach your site.
Press releases can also help your "link juice." While the quantity of links are less important now in SEO, links are still a factor if they are coming from a credible source. Our press releases are sent out to journalists, bloggers and reporters and thousands of RSS feeds- giving your release ample opportunity to get picked up and linked from authoritative websites.
Here's how online press releases work:
- Sign Up for our Internet marketing program. Press releases are a standard part of our Internet marketing (includes search engine optimization) program in all but the smallest markets. These press releases are one component of an effective online marketing strategy.
- Copywriting. Each press release is composed from scratch, exclusively for your practice. We write press releases about newsworthy events and news related to your business. We then optimize the release with the appropriate keyword phrases and embed links within the articles to relevant pages of your website.
- Submit the press release. Our press release submission specialist will submit your press releases online. Each submission is done by hand to ensure that the articles aren't tagged as spam.
- Syndication. Many of the 3rd party websites offer the press releases for syndication on other websites, which means one release submission could get listed on hundreds or thousands of websites. Examples of where our releases are sent to are: Traditional media, Top national media outlets, Regional outlets, Newspapers, TV stations, Radio stations, Regional AP outlets, Yahoo News, Google News, PRWeb, Social Media and RSS Feeds
- Track results together. Your account manager will work with you to keep an eye on your website's results to follow the effectiveness of the press release campaign. You will also receive a link report which analyzes how many reads and online pick-up and exposure each release submitted had.
- Continue the Process. It's important to understand that press releases aren't a one-shot deal. It's an ongoing campaign to grow your linking, relationship building, social media and 1st page listings. Each release will have a peak performance, but after it reaches its peak, the links from the online publishers begin to fall off as the release is supplanted by news from other sources. For this reason, it's necessary to publish a press release every quarter.
Contact us to learn more about how utilizing press releases as part of your law firm / dentist office / cosmetic surgery office / plastic surgery office Internet marketing campaign can build your website's traffic, credibility, and popularity.